Amongst our most recent awards are:
- 2012 AIA Lachlan Macquarie Award for Swifts, Darling Point,
- 2013 AIA Architecture Award for entrance domes at Hyde Park Barracks, Sydney and
- 2013 Wingecarribee Shire and National Trust awards for Sir Donald Bradman’s Boyhood House at Bowral NSW (see photo in the slide show above).
- 2015 National Trust Award for Centennial Fountain, Parramatta
- 2015 AIA Architecture Award (Conservation) for Bronte House, Bronte (see photo in Gallery)
The work of Lucas Stapleton Johnson embraces most of Sydney’s large landmark historic buildings, as well as inter-state and overseas projects. We have been involved with six of the eleven Australian Convict Sites entered on the World Heritage List in 2010. We have also been involved in many houses and some of the smallest projects architects could be asked to do (plaques, headstones, gates, etc.).
The practice has received over 50 awards from the Australian Institute of Architects (formerly Royal Australian Institute of Architects) for outstanding architecture.
- 7 Greenway Awards for restoration in NSW
- 9 Lachlan Macquarie Awards for the best conservation project nationally
- 3 Building Owners’ and Managers’ Association (BOMA, now Australian Property Institute) Awards,
- 1 Sulman Medal
- 1 Lloyd Rees Award
- 1 Burley Griffin Award
Local Government Awards from:
- City of Sydney